Wednesday, November 19, 2008

29 months and counting.......

Today our dossier has been logged in with the CCAA for 29 months. Wow. I can't believe we have been waiting for our referral for that long. Some days it doesn't seem like it can possible be that long -- then I count the months in my head -- ok, so I might also use my fingers too. Then it hits me -- and it's real again. That's a long time.

29 months -- 2 years and 5 months -- approximately 880 days -- 10,000+ tears -- countless hopes for a speed up.

1 baby crib -- 1 dresser full of clothes -- 1 shelf full of blankets -- 2 closets full of clothes -- 3 stacks of cubes full of toys -- 12 storage boxes full of clothes -- 1 large tote of little girl shoes -- countless boxes of misc. baby stuff -- still holding on to our dream that someday we'll have 2 baby girls to call our own.

So today is another milestone on our journey to becoming parents. We still have all our hope, all our dreams, and all our wishes for becoming a family.

Today there will be no tears -- today I will be strong -- today I have hope -- hope that we'll soon see our daughter's face.

We are at peace with the decisions we have made to bring our girls home -- now we just have to trust in those decisions and in China and in our agency --- but most of all we trust in God and that he will bring our girls home to us -- in His time not ours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that I 100% believe you are getting twins. Everybody that I've known that has requested twins has received twins. And for this reason, I'm sure that you are going to receive not one, but two referrals!

Ugh. 29 months. I quit counting. Actually, I thought we were at 30 by now. I hope next year is our year.

Lesa said...

Sherry, I've always said you are going to get two. I just know you will, and it will be so worth that long you know what wait.

I just can't get over how long it has been...

Michele M said...

It is most difficult to believe we have had to wait this long. Who would have thought. At least we all have each other to lean on...we'll get thru it. Lovya.

Cynthia said...

Hang in there kiddo. We will get our girls sooner rather than later and when we do it will seem like they have always been with us.