Monday, February 16, 2009

More paperwork

We have decided to be proactive and update our I-600a/I-171H for the third time.....just in case. It expires on May 17th, 2009 -- which means we'd have to be on a plane leaving China before it expires -- that's just cutting it way too close for us. We don't plan on making our baby girl wait one extra minute for us because of paperwork delays. Plus, with the trade fair in Guangzhou the last two weeks of April and knowing that we can't travel during that time it's all the more reason to think we'll be traveling in early May. Early May could turn into mid-May really easy and the 17th is mid-May. That's just cutting it way too close. This way by updating it now -- we'll be sure to travel in early April.

Isn't that the way it goes?
It will all work out in the end.
It will just be our insurance policy.


Lesa said...

I say it is a wonderful idea!

Pam said...

You're right. You don't want to take any chances. I'm thinking early May for us, too.

Cynthia said...

You are will update and travel in April. Heck you may travel before you get the updated I171H back. That's the way it always happens. If you didn't go ahead and update it them it will come back and haunt you. You have waited long enough for Cassie.
You go girl.