Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Because I'm a little slow these days.....

I asked our agency to see if they could get an update for us on Chloe on September 23rd. I got the update on Monday the 28th. The pictures we got were dated the 25th and the written update was dated the 27th. The 27th is also our LID. Kind of cool. Doesn't mean anything -- just cool.


And why am I slow -- because I just realized that the update and our LID were completed the same day -- which also was a Sunday.


And because I took up your time with reading useless facts, I'll reward you with more pictures of our other little angel. And no -- I can't get her to smile for the camera. Half the time she puts her arm up when she sees the camera. Check out the one of her in the dog crate closely -- she's got a chair in there and about 10 toys -- because that's the perfect place to watch Sesame Street. And the one where she's eating -- that's a bowl of spinach. She loved it. It wasn't plain spinach -- I made homemade gnocchi with a spinach cream sauce. Cassie and I loved it -- daddy ate it and didn't complain. And the bonus of the day -- in the last picture there's a new picture of Chloe on the window sill. Cassie has a few of these that I printed out on paper for her. When we ask her where Chloe is, she runs and finds one of the pictures, kisses it and then makes us kiss it. She's going to make a great big sister.








3 comments:

Dana said...

You are not alone...I can't get Makenna to smile at the camera either. I love the new pictures and updates. I have been thinking of you guys and wondering how you were. We are all settling in as a family of five. We did our post placement visit too. Can you believe it has almost been 6 months!!!

Melissa said...

Awww. Love that she is kissing her sisters pic. She will be a great sister!

Susan said...

That's great that Cassie is eating spinach! I can't even get Roger to eat it, unless it's part of a salad. Love the new photo's -- especially the crate one.. you know you could get in big trouble by social services if someone thinks this is where you put your little munchkin. And, by the way, what does Teyha think of her crate being taken over?