Tuesday, February 01, 2011

One year with Chloe Jewel

Today marks one year since we were handed blessing number 2. I can still remember it as if it was yesterday. The same feelings come flooding back and I can feel the same butterflies in my stomach. Chloe was in the last group to arrive at the Civil Affairs office and I was getting nervous. The extra 10 - 15 minutes of waiting seemed like hours. But then she appeared in her nanny's arms outside the window. Then disappeared quickly as they were walking fast due to the cold weather. Then in a instant she appeared in the doorway. This tiny little 19 month old girl in a white snowsuit. The look on her face was of confusion -- who the heck were all these people. Then the hand off -- another moment etched in my heart forever. Sonny actually captured the picture perfectly -- me anxiously reaching out for her as her nanny reluctantly handed her over to me. Just thinking about it now makes me cry. Oh, how I long to go back and visit China and her nanny. I want to show the world what a special little girl Chloe has become. I want the acceptance of Chloe's nanny who spent a little over 14 months caring for Chloe. I want her nanny to tell me how much Chloe has changed but remains the same. Those are the things I dream of for myself and for Chloe. I want her to grow, learn, take the world on head first but still remain the same inside. She has the biggest heart and truly loves with it all. She tells us everyday that she loves mama, dada, He-He (Cassie), kitty, butterscotch, God and Jesus. And I know that she does. She's just the sweetest little thing ever. Chloe can be a snot face too -- who gets into everything -- but I'm glad she's so curious about the world and things around her. And when she smiles it lights up the whole room. He-He is her very best friend in the whole world and her baby animals are a close second. But if He-He asks for one of her favorite baby animals Chloe will give it up with a smile. She's just that generous. Chloe might have lived in a orphanage for 19 months and 10 days but God protected her heart and kept it safe with His love while she waited for us. There is really no other explanation for it.

Gotcha day - February 1, 2010





Our baby now - January 2011



8 comments:

groovy mama said...

Oh my sweet goodness! How she has blossomed! Love the pics....LOVE the one of the girls in there heart dress-too adorable! I would love one of those! email one and i will put it out for Ella....Congrats you all, what a lovely littel family!
Donna

Our Blue Moon Boy said...

Beautiful sentiments, Sheri. I know exactly what you feel. A year ago tomorrow, you took photos of our little guy in China--one day after his first birthday. Today, we celebrated his turning two, and we remembered your generosity as we looked to see how much our little peanut has grown in one year. Hugs, Jen

Dana said...

Happy one year with your sweet Chloe! I can't believe how fast it goes. Your girls are such a blessing. Hope all is well with the healing and things!

Michele M said...

what a difference a year makes...boy the changes are obvious in a great way. they both look so beautifully happy and healthy...happy family day!!

Melissa said...

Happy One Year Anniversary with your sweet baby girl! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday? Loved seeing the old pics with the new ones and hearing about Chloe and her personality.

Heather H. said...

Oh my gosh! How much she has grown up! Happy anniversary. We are quickly approaching our one-year mark as well!

Heather

Cynthia said...

Isn't unbelievable how much a year, lots of love, a good healthy home and loving parents and sister can change a little girl. It is amazing how much the little peanut I got to hold in my arms a year ago from tomorrow has grown and blossomed. I have loved following her journey this past year and can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold. Congratulations to all of you. Miss you tons. Lots of love.

Lesa said...

I'm sorry I'm the last on this one. Man, what can I say that hasn't been said by Michele and Cynthia. Little ones sure do blossom with love of a wonderful mommy and daddy not to mention a big sister.
The girls are both just beautiful. Miss you Sherry!