Here are the steps we need to go through before we can bring Cassie home.
1. LOI -- Letter of Intent. The letter to the CCAA telling them we want to adopt a specific child from the Waiting Child list. This letter was sent to China through our agency on Friday night -- the 23rd of January.
2. PA -- Pre-Approval. Confirmation that the CCAA has decided to review our dossier and consider us for the child on our LOI.
3. LOA/LSC -- Letter Seeking Confirmation. Our official referral letter. Basically saying that the CCAA has approved us to adopt Cassie.
4. TA -- Travel Approval. Confirmation that we are approved to come get Cassie. This will trigger our agency to start making the arrangements for our trip.
5. CA -- Consulate Appointment. The day of our swearing in at the American Consulate. Once we have this appointment we can make our airline reservations.
The timeline from LOI to traveling is about 3 - 6 months on average.
Pray for our paperwork to speed through the steps.
7 hours ago