Friday, December 24, 2010

An early Christmas present for Daddy

Hey - time for a rare post from Daddy, or "Dadda" as the girls say it. We've been home with Cassie for a year and a half. The first few months were tough on Daddy because Cassie acted like Daddy was the devil himself. Of course, that put a heavy burden on Mommy too, because she did all the work. Eventually, Cassie began to "tolerate" Daddy, which is to say that she wouldn't melt down when Daddy changed her diaper or made her a bottle. Slowly, and I do mean slowly, Cassie began to warm up. Just a few weeks ago, she turned a big corner. She started "preferring" Daddy over Mommy for certain things. Things like who sits next to who at the dinner table, who puts her down for a nap, who changes her diaper.

Then just a week ago, she said some magic words: "I love Dadda"

Now she says it about 40 times every day. Yes, I know this is "a phase". There will be other phases, not all of which I will like, but I'll take this one and milk it for all it's worth.

Chloe is still a work in progress. She's never raised her defenses quite like her older sister, but she still hasn't fully opened up yet either. That too will come. Soon, I hope.

Meanwhile, Cassie says "I love Dadda".

I love you too, my sweet child. I love you too.

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations on the step forward.

Heather