Thursday, September 03, 2009

Quick update on Cassie's Dr. appointment

Hi all,

It's been a crazy couple of weeks here but we did have Cassie's appointment with the cleft Dr. on Monday. He believes Cassie's lip muscle was fixed correctly and he didn't see any issues with her palate or gums. Because of this we can hold off a little while longer on her lip revision. She needs to be rechecked in 6 months just to make sure everything still looks good and she's not having any problems with eating or her speech.

We'd like to wait until next fall to have her lip revision since we'd like to focus on Chloe's palate first. Plus, I kind of like her crooked little lip. I will miss it when it's gone. And, add in the fact that Cassie's still on a bottle, not sleeping through the night and will be getting a little sister soon is a lot for my baby girl to be facing. Surgery -- for now -- can wait. The great news is that when she does have surgery it will be outpatient. That makes this mama very happy.

I'm hoping to have more to share about Chloe's paperwork soon.

9 comments:

Dana said...

Great news at the Dr. Sherry! I hear you on too many things at once. I'm sure surgery can wait. Makenna is still on a bottle too.How long are you going to keep Cassie on it? I am thinking as long as she needs it. Or maybe as long as I do...I love cuddling her and us looking at each other during that time. And I want her Daddy to be able to give her a bottle for a while. Anyway I would love to take you up on your offer on the jadeandpearls group!!! My email is slahta97@yahoo.com. So excited for you guys!

Pam said...

It's great to know that the surgery performed in China was done correctly. Also, what a blessing that her next surgery does not have to take place immediately. You are going to have a lot to keep you busy in the coming months, so that's one less thing to worry about now. Love ya!

LynnieB said...

Great news!! We just found out that Thomas' surgery that was done in China was top notch also. What a relief!!
Glad you are putting off her surgery. No reason to add more craziness into her life. :)

3peas1pod said...

That is great news Sherry! Celia's surgery was also very skillfully done. That is something to be very thankful for. Can't wait to hear how things are progressing on your journey to Chloe.

Sherry said...

Yes, we all have lucky kids -- that their surgeries in China were so great. Chloe's lip repair also looks great. I'm very thankful for that too.

And Dana, I'm not worried about Cassie and the bottle. As long as she's off of it before kindergarten. :) And since being home Cassie will not let us hold her bottle for her. Nor will she lay in my lap and drink it. If I hold her with the bottle she has to be sitting up and in control -- but she will lean on me. That's my girl -- a control freak -- like her mama.
:)

Michele M said...

Great news...it will all work out at the right time.

Melissa said...

Sherry I am so glad that you had such good news from the Dr. It is also good to hear that they did a good job with the surgery in China. You will have your hands full and so will Cassie with all the new changes so it is a godsend that her surgery can wait.

Lesa said...

Sorry I'm late on the thread, but you know I feel very happy about all of this wonderful news.
I think delaying it for a bit is a good idea.

Mary said...

Sherry, what a blessing. I'm so happy that surgery is not needed immediately. That's one less thing you'll need to focus on for now.