Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy 6 months & 1 year for us today!!!

Right now it's 2:20am on December 19th, 2006 - and I can't sleep. I've been playing solitaire for the past 30 minutes and finally decided to write this instead before heading back to bed.

We signed our contract and mailed it to Great Wall China Adoption on the morning of December 19, 2005. We left later that day for Sault Ste. Marie to see Sonny's dad and step-mom for Christmas. When we got home - I got busy with our paperwork for our dossier that China requires for the adoption. I actually got up early on December 26th - not to go shopping for all the after Christmas sales but to get everything ready to go to the post office and apply for my passport and renew Sonny's. Fast forward to the first week of June (Saturday June 3rd - to be exact) and we received the last piece of paperwork in the mail that we needed. I hurried and got it notarized, certified and authenticated and to our agency as fast as humanly possible. Our dossier got mailed to China on June 9th, 2006 and our official LID (log in date) is June 19th, 2006 - 6 months ago today. And 12 months ago today is when we signed and mailed our contract.

Not sure why I can't sleep, maybe it's the dinner from Applebee's that we had last night, or the nap I took after work, or maybe our baby girl was born tonight. I guess we'll know if the last reason is true in about 6 - 10 more months when we get out referral. Whatever the reason - it's really nice to be awake and reflect back on the past year and know - ok more like hope and pray - that our baby girl will be home for Christmas next year.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

And if my baby was born tonight or another night this year -- I pray she is safe, warm and has a full belly tonight and every night until her mommy and daddy can bring her home.

Good night baby girl.

1 comment:

Drea said...

Sherry,

Write this date down! WOW wouldn't that be amazing if she was born around now! I am convinced that my daughters birthday is right around now, my birthday is Dec 26th and I always swore that I wouldn't have a baby in december, so I just know that this is the month that she has to be born! Oh, and last night I still smelled like a chocolate when I went to bed!