Friday, January 07, 2011

Blessings

This morning the girls and I decided to head out for some shopping. I already had Chloe buckled in her car seat and was buckling Cassie in. Here's our conversation.

Cassie: Where did dada go?
Me: To work.
Cassie: I LOVE dada!!
Me: I love dada too.
Cassie: I love mama. I love YiYa. (Chloe's Chinese name is YiYu -- Cassie calls her YiYa) I love kitty. I love Butterscotch. (our new 'fake' pony)
Then she paused for second and said, I love God.
Me: (shocked) You love God?
Cassie: Yes mama, and I love Jesus too.
Me: (near tears and kissing her nose) I love you baby girl!

This week was long and very stressful for me -- just over tired, trying to get back into a routine after the holidays, etc, etc. This was the prefect ending to my week and a reminder that everyday is a new day and another chance to get it right. Hearing those words pass Cassie's lips helped me put everything back into perspective. And heartwarming too to hear 5 days before my baby girl has surgery. (more on that in the next post)

2 comments:

groovy mama said...

That is sweet, kids are great!
hugs
Donna

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

sherry- we know each other from way back before cassie... and i've been following your blog ever since quietly... but this one just touched my heart -- both what your lil gal said and feels... as well as your all too true comment that every parent of a toddler needs and deserves reminders on -- that each day we get a new chance... and that if we are patient, persistent, and love love love, that our kids ARE getting it :) thanks for continuing to share your journey! i love your humor, your love for your family, and the glow of stories and glories of your gorgeous girls... amy (from Philly)