Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dental appointment update

No crowns today. The dentist was running an hour behind. About 2:10 Chloe was given more sedation medication. At 3pm I had to lay her in the dental chair. It wasn't happening. I had to force her to lay down. She cried mama and screamed, while I held her hands down and out of the way. All the while she kicked my arm -- thank goodness she had removed her boots about an hour before this. The dentist talked softly to her -- he actually told me not to talk to her. He cleaned her teeth and gave another fluoride treatment. He said she did better this appointment with him than the last. I'm not too sure about that. Anyway, we are going back on February 12th to try it all again. This next time he'll use a different sedative medicine in the office and a nasal spray. This time we have to be there at 9:30am. That means breakfast will be really early this time, because Chloe can have nothing to eat or drink after 7am.

No comments: